Designed to offer drivers the next level in control and the next level in fun, BFGoodrich® Tires introduces the g-Force™ Sport COMP-2™, the newest tire in BFGoodrich Tires' ultra high performance tire line up. Available for purchase April 1, 2012, the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire is designed for enthusiasts looking for a tire that will give them next-level control when driving and allow them the freedom to accelerate faster1, corner harder2 and brake shorter3.
The BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire will replace the BFGoodrich g-Force™ Sport tire. Offered in 46 sizes, ranging from 15 to 20 inches in diameter, the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire includes fitments for classic and modern muscle cars, sports cars, sports sedans, tuners and imports. An additional 12 sizes will be introduced to the market in September 2012 to offer complete coverage in the ultra high performance category. The addition of the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire increases BFGoodrich Tires' coverage in the ultra-high performance market to 82 percent.
"The current BFGoodrich g-Force Sport tread design was reviewed, analyzed and proven to be the optimal design for BFGoodrich Tires' target consumer, target performances and new advanced ‘COMP-2' compound," said Andy Koury, brand category manager for ultra high performance at BFGoodrich Tires. "While the tread design remains the same, we simplified the sidewall for a ‘racing' look. It needs to look contemporary and sleek, but not be in the way. The new g-Force Sport COMP-2 provides a sleek look and, of course, upgraded performance."
The BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire is the latest evolution of BFGoodrich Tires' rich racing heritage. The newly designed COMP-2 compound and Performance Racing Core (PRC) — developed using many of BFGoodrich Tires' racing technologies and compounds — resulted in 30 percent better wet grip and eight percent better dry grip offering precise control, without sacrificing tread life.2
When put to the test against the competition*, the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire proved to have better dry traction on the track1 resulting in 100 percent more fun on the street. Tests also resulted in shorter braking distance — up to 16 feet shorter in wet conditions3 and up to nine feet shorter in dry conditions4 — for more control entering corners.
"Advancements in compounding technologies have enabled us to achieve large improvements in traction in both wet and dry performances," added Koury. "We added a high horsepower compound and also upgraded the internal tire suspension to a new level with the Performance Racing Core to make sure all that power could make it to the ground. We strengthened, optimized and evolved the suspension system to increase steering response, rigidity and control to handle the new advanced compound."
Additional performance features for the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire:
- g-Force™ Sport Tread Pattern has proven stability and maximum cornering power.
- Shallow shoulder blocks have racing-inspired design for better feedback at the grip limit.
- Solid Center Rib remains straight and true at highway speeds.
- g-Hook™'s proprietary hooked tread design provides biting edges for grip at any cornering angle.
- Off-set shoulder groove maximizes tread contact for enhanced cornering stability.
Internal Structure — Performance Racing Core (PRC)
- Strengthened eTeC System™ optimizes the contact patch and traction at speed.
- Dynamic suspension system features an improved internal structure for increased steering response and control.
- g-Control™ sidewall insert supports precise cornering with up to 40 percent higher sidewall-stiffening structure2.
- Best dry traction versus the competition* on the track1 for 100 percent more fun on the street.
- Stopping distance is up to 16 feet shorter in wet conditions3 and up to nine feet shorter in dry conditions4, for more control entering corners.
- Based on subjective dry autocross and max handling test results vs. Yokohama® S.drive™, Kumho® ecsta SPT KU31, and Dunlop® Direzza® DZ101. exceeding the safe, legal speed limit is neither recommended nor endorsed.
- Based on subjective dry/wet autocross and max handling test results vs. BFGoodrich® g-Force™ Sport.
- Based on wet braking test results vs. the Yokohama® S.drive™.
- Based on dry braking test results vs. the Kumho® ecsta SPT KU31.
*The competition refers to the following: Yokohama® S.drive™, Kumho® ecsta SPT KU31, and Dunlop® Direzza® DZ101.
Using motorsports as a proving ground for more than 40 years, BFGoodrich® Tires is involved in every type of racing, including oval, sports car, drifting, drag, desert, dirt, rally and extreme rock crawling. BFGoodrich Tires combines technological expertise with vast motorsports experience, delivering a high performance tire for every type of vehicle. Visit BFGoodrich Tires at www.BFGoodrichTires.com, on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/BFGoodrichTires or on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/BFGoodrichTires.
BFGoodrich Tires is dedicated to providing high performance tires for those who have a passion for driving in virtually any environment. Combining technical expertise with 50 years of motorsports experience, BFGoodrich delivers tires for a full range of driving experiences from ultra-high performance street to off-road terrain with one common theme – extreme performance. Come upgrade your performance with BFGoodrich and see where our tires can take you at www.BFGoodrichTires.com, www.BFGoodrichRacing.com, as well as on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @BFGoodrichTires.